  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum

2016 first run

by shibbs » 02 Apr 2016, 17:13

Well, that didn't go according to plan!!! :evil:
As said in a previous post a while back, I thought I would go for a single day launch prior to putting her back in on the berth for the summer, just to check all was well after the maintenance etc.
So, spent the day yesterday having a final clean through, a few last little jobs then light board on ready to go down, hook up and be away this morning.
That happened with no dramas, put fuel in and got to Northney marina, paid for the slip use then headed back to the car and boat ready to prepare for launch...
Only as I approached the car I noticed a tap running amount of liquid pouring out from under the car. Turned out to be coolant. AA turned up and diagnosed it as a suspected knackered water pump. Couldn't fix it there so would have to be recovered.
Now this is where is got awkward, boat to one place, car to another.
After lots of backwards and forwards it was finally agreed that they would do both ( I really didn't want to have to pay to leave the boat at the marina when it only had to go 5 miles down the road).
So all in all, an 8 hour day to achieve absolutely nothing except another job to do on a now unserviceable tow vehicle!! :roll:
Maybe next time eh..

Return to Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum