  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum

There's always something

by ColinR » 30 Jun 2015, 07:46

Almost certainly bearings and to be honest you will need to get used to the job as if you are launching regularly you'll probably need new bearings once a year depending on the distance that you are towing.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by Ianfs » 30 Jun 2015, 08:18

Hi Mark

How are you getting on? I've posted a Vid of bearing buddies I mentioned after reading Colins note, because he's right and you weren't sure what they were, or what they did.

Sprocker, blimey that's handy, you being round the corner. :)

[youtube]SQsEjHJ49OQ [/youtube]

by mark101 » 30 Jun 2015, 18:12

Hey guys, thanks for the advice and wow, Sprocker what a kind offer. I have got my engineer from work traveling from Portsmouth here tomorrow to sort it out. If he can't do it then it can't be done as this really is his bag. Anyway, I will update you all. Salcombe is my favorite place in the world but the phone signal is shocking, hence the slow replies. Got some good GoPro footage to share later when back at home though (next week I mean). Thanks again all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mark101
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 09:37

by mark101 » 02 Jul 2015, 06:09

Fixed...finally, 4 new complete bearings fitted. Inner and outer, new race and seals all done. All whilst we enjoyed a strawberry and lime mojito :-)

All four bearings were completely shot. I watched him do the first one and now I know how it's done :-)Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mark101
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 09:37

by Ianfs » 02 Jul 2015, 06:53

Did he check the brakes for you, expect he did? Next job, brake cables and roller fixings.... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It never ends does it? :mrgreen:

Actually that trailer looks in pretty good nick. Enjoy the rest of your break and get that beer bottle back, didn't look very deep there. :D

by mark101 » 02 Jul 2015, 07:44

About 4 or 5m Ian, the water is crystal clear

The brakes are ok but I will change them when back at home.

I had already purchased loads on zinc plated washers and split pins for the rollers from Indespension but didn't get around to fitting them all, just replacing the few missing rollers.

Another job on the list.

Having said that, in thinking of tidying up the boat and trailer ready to trade up so I don't want to go stupid on improvements.

The trailer is in generally good nick, just the usual problems associated with boat trailers but the main structure is 100% sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mark101
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 09:37

by shibbs » 02 Jul 2015, 12:06

mark101 wrote:About 4 or 5m Ian, the water is crystal clear

No excuse for not recovering that at that depth then.. :D
Glad you got the trailer sorted, bit of peace of mind for the return journey!
Enjoy the rest of your break ;)

by mark101 » 02 Jul 2015, 12:10

Thanks Shibbs.

No boating today :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mark101
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 09:37

by Ianfs » 02 Jul 2015, 14:28

More beer and Mojito's then!!

No no, I insist, dear boy! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Previous

Return to Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum