• Boat Banter

It is currently 13 May 2024, 03:17

Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum

Tow Vehicle ??

by Carl » 01 Apr 2015, 22:07

Very cool indeed ..... 8-)
Carl .. Bayliner 175gt "Annamarie"
Carl

Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 14:04
Location: Devon, UK

by sprocker » 02 Apr 2015, 10:35

This is our current setup. I suspect we're close to the limits for the vehicle with our boat and may need to look closely at the overall weight we're pulling.

Pic taken last year at our first (Nervous!) launch.

Image
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by ColinR » 02 Apr 2015, 11:02

I would have thought you'd have no problem. Pretty much all Range Rovers, Discos and Defenders have a 3500Kg towing capacity.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by mlines » 02 Apr 2015, 11:09

Yes, its worth checking as the Freelander/Evoque/Disco Sport floorpan (its common across all 3) is rated lower that the Full Fat Disco/Range Rover and Range Rover Sport.

I think its around 2400kg
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Ianfs » 03 Apr 2015, 10:48

No he's right Colin. We looked at getting an Evoque last year and I think their capacity is less, something like 1800 ish kgs.

by ColinR » 04 Apr 2015, 13:45

Not a proper landie then :roll: :D
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by shibbs » 04 Apr 2015, 18:06

Have you seen the new Disco's, id like one but not sure if they will be towing much??

by mlines » 04 Apr 2015, 19:32

Disco sport is a freelander/evoque based car.

Full fat Disco is on the Range Rover sport chassis
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by shibbs » 04 Apr 2015, 20:04

Are they going to continue making full size Disco's then? I thought they were the new version, didn't realise they were a sport version.

by Carl » 07 Apr 2015, 18:32

My setup ...

Image

Image