• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 01:40

Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum

Batteries

by Ianfs » 01 Jan 2015, 21:45

So this may not be a topic specifically about vehicles but I think it is very connected as its about starting batteries.

I have to say that I haven't bought a cranking battery for a number of years, probably at least 10 yrs. Consequently I have not caught up with the latest battery technology.

I now need to replace the Delphi battery in my Land Rover, which is 110 Amp/Hr, not sure what it's CCA is, but Delphi stopped making batteries back in 2006.

There seem to be a few options on the internet for 110 A/H batteries, but when you punch in your car details, there are also options for lesser A/H batteries, which on reflection, but I can't be sure, maybe seems to be a website error, i.e. Halfords show a 70Ah battery for both Petrol and Diesel, even though they are both rated by the manufacturer as different. In addition there are a lot of Calcium batteries for sale, but the information given suggests these are for newer vehicles and also says that alternator output must be able to charge them properly.

So my question is, should I buy a battery with a smaller Ah rating but with good CCA's and should it be a Calcium battery rather than a Lead Acid?

Cheers

Return to Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum