  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum

Here's a question

by Ianfs » 26 Apr 2017, 19:51

One of my brake bindings has become unattached from the shoe. Do any of you guys know which binding agent I could use to re-attach it?

Online searches don't reveal much and only suggest Anabond 230 which seems to be Indian. Not wishing to suggest that anything they make is not as good as anywhere else in the world, I possibly would question the H&S aspects of the products.

by lewlew100 » 26 Apr 2017, 22:16

I have recently had a rear rear brake shoe delaminate on two different vehicles, the first my Fiat Ducato and the other an older RR sport. Whilst I have worn out brake shoes in the old days, I never had the lining separate from the shoe. Bring back the rivets!!! Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by ColinR » 27 Apr 2017, 07:26

Yep, rivets is the only way, or buy a new shoe. Mind you they glue formula one cars together so there must be decent glues out there! Mind you they are building from scratch in clinical conditions. Not that I would expect Ian's garage to be anything but immaculate.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap