• Boat Banter

It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:57

Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum

Discovery Sport

by argonaut » 15 Jan 2023, 22:17

After 5 years with my Kodiaq … time to change it.
It has been the most reliable car I have had, would have one again, but they no longer do a version that can tow 2.2Tonne.

Picked up an ex-demonstrator LandRover Discovery Sport
Specifically got the D200 5 seat version …as it has 2500kg tow capacity.

Going forward Discovery Sport loses much of its tow capacity, moving to 1.6L engines and battery power … and dropping Tow capacity to 1600kg.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 26 Jan 2023, 16:27

Nice car Rick, I hope they are more reliable than the old ones. They seem to be catering for the UV market with the other models. Looking at the prices of yours, it would be easy to top £60k with a few accessories and a tow bar at £1500.

Have you towed with it yet?

by argonaut » 26 Jan 2023, 17:33

Yes - towed boat into the dealer for new drive - and again to collect so at leat 150 miles tow so far.
Certainly tows effortlessly, and the MHEV gives abundant torque from standstill.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

Return to Trailer and Tow Vehicle Forum