  • In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum

Trim Tabs & Antifoul

by sprocker » 17 Jan 2017, 10:49

Can anyone advise on whether stainless trim tabs should be antifouled with regular hull antifoul, or copper free sterndrive antifoul?

Also, should the trim tab bracket have the 25mm 'clean' border around it as per the transom shield?
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by Ianfs » 17 Jan 2017, 14:28

Interesting question. Don't know.

I'd be very interested to find out though. :)

Although this boat, which I looked at yesterday, had its tabs completely covered.

SEKP_1304_36[1].jpg
SEKP_1304_36[1].jpg (94.34 KiB) Viewed 9753 times

by ColinR » 17 Jan 2017, 14:39

Interesting rear end, what's that then Ian?

Aha, found it. A Norco Serena. Interesting, looks like a lot of boat packed into 29ft.

Made an offer yet?
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by Ianfs » 17 Jan 2017, 18:24

So as not to hijack your Topic Sprocker, I opened another :D

by shibbs » 17 Jan 2017, 19:38

I can't answer whether right or wrong but I've always painted my tabs and rams with normal hull antifoul. Never actually works all that well though compared to the hull.

by sprocker » 17 Jan 2017, 19:51

I've been for a walk around Dartside Quay after work and checked out a few rear ends......... Most of the boats with trim tabs looked as though they were coated with the same antifoul as the hull, so it looks like that is the way to go.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

Return to Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum