Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum

detailing & graphics

by betty boop » 02 Oct 2015, 12:47

The hot weather has prompted a 10 year overhaul of dear old Betty (well more like a list of jobs due for the last 3 years that have been put off due to other circumstances). Gelcoat has polished up like new but the go faster stripes have bitten the dust.

Does anyone know where to get some decent graphics to go down the sides? I wouldn't have bothered but after 10 years they've left a nice proud surface print. Also need those 5mm white n blue gelcoat edging tapes.

And

I need a tin of Maxum/bayliner white gel coat before I go down the mix to match route, any thoughts on a supplier.

MOAN TIME - What makes it worse is I have 3 large repairs to do. 2 of these were insurance claims for accident damage which has deteriorated after 5-7 years, the 3rd is a warranty repair by original suppling boat yard in Chertsey who's 300mmx300mm 'patch' hull repair wasn't gel coated it was filled and returned to me as pink primer in 2012. Only this summer did it deteriorate so much I final figured out what it was. By the time I argue with them it will cost me more than doing it myself or through a local gelcoat repair co. - the Lesson here is make sure EVERY repair is warrantied with receipts for 10 years/life and NEVER take the word of the service agent that they used off white gel coat cos your boat was dirty. -- Im rather annoyed as you can guess :twisted: :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Ianfs » 02 Oct 2015, 20:03

(well more like a list of jobs due for the last 3 years that have been put off due to other circumstances).

Ha ha, yes I know exactly what you mean Ian. :mrgreen:

Return to Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum