• Boat Banter

It is currently 13 May 2024, 05:52
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum

Season start

by shibbs » 01 Apr 2021, 22:59

Had a busy few days.
Work has been on side for a change so had a fair bit of free time to get jobs done.
Did a full service of engine after running in last year so have just done a few minor jobs.
Anti foul done along with a full polish.also replaced all anodes and drive oil and impeller.
Had had an issue with a squealing alternator belt last year and discovered through trial and error that it was in fact the wrong belt supplied and not tight enough so all sorted now.
A bit of tinkering and a good run up on the trailer a couple of times and she’s ready to go. Looking at launching back to her berth next week.
Everything crossed for some decent weather as I now have the whole summer in the UK so looking to get as much use as possible.. I am however toying with the idea of selling and moving up a few feet...
Stu

Princess 286 Riviera
Twin Volvo Penta AD41’s
shibbs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by shibbs » 01 Apr 2021, 23:01

Also next job is the cabin roof lining, had a couple of quotes, one I am happy with but can’t get booked until the end of the season. Did get a lot of compliments on her condition and all shocked at her age which is always nice to hear.
Time spent tinkering and generally looking after her not wasted!
Stu

Princess 286 Riviera
Twin Volvo Penta AD41’s
shibbs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by Ianfs » 03 Apr 2021, 20:14

So pleased it all looks good for this season, you deserve it after all the work you've put in.

Does the cabin roof lining need doing or is it something you would like to do? Maybe get her out on the water and if the best quote is for the end of the season wait until it is at the end and get some more quotes. I'm no expert and am sometimes wrong, but if business is that good at the moment, it'll have to run out at some stage! Just saying. :)
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

Return to Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum

User Menu