• Boat Banter

It is currently 13 May 2024, 12:45

Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum

Removing bumper strip

by ChrisH » 27 Mar 2020, 15:17

Anyone know how to remove this kind of bumper strip. I want to reveal the hull join behind it.Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 27 Mar 2020, 17:32

I can only speak for what Is on mine but yours maybe different..
Mine is attached by screws at the back and on the front where I have stainless bats for the anchor.
It is joined the n the middle at the back by a joining bracket.
Same on my last, just one piece joined in the middle at the back, take the screws out and it will pull off.
What do you need to get under it for?

by shibbs » 27 Mar 2020, 17:34

Just looked at the picture again, same as mine, on each rear quarter where it slopes down, there is a stainless bracket that will be screwed on. Then a join in the middle. Undo those and it should come straight off, beware though, where it slopes down may be a real pain in the a** to get back on.

by ChrisH » 27 Mar 2020, 17:39

how does the rest of it stay on? what is actually behind it ?

Reason, is that I have a leak between the deck and the hull join at the stern. Seeping through when it rains, but builds up in the bilge
Someone has sealed it from the inside before, but not working. I figure it will be better to properly seal from the outside under the bumper strip ?
User avatar
ChrisH

Return to Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum

User Menu