  • In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum

And I’m done

by shibbs » 12 Nov 2018, 17:43

That’s my season over, I’ve stayed on the berth slightly longer thn usual for various reasons but due to busy schedules etc over the coming month I’ve decided that she will come out this weekend and get winterised, cleaned and tucked up for the next few month.

As usual, I’ve got quite a list of jobs to do. I’ve put it off for a couple of seasons by inspecting etc but on top of the full service I will be doing all bellows, gimbal and probably the manifolds ( bank balance is going to love me :o )

A few other things to do also, cover needs some attention, might actually re - do the roof lining and have got a new VHF radio to fit.

This weekend though, full service, winterise with antifreeze etc, drain fresh water system, cushions out, drive leg off and winter cover on.

I do have to give the trailer a quick service prior to though so that will keep me busy this week. ( I always leave it until the last minute and I always curse myself for doing it!!)

I may be looking to put the bot up for sale in the new year so will make sure that all work is carried out that is required.

Anyone else still going or had everyone given in for the year?

by ChrisH » 12 Nov 2018, 22:40

shibbs wrote:That’s my season over, I’ve stayed on the berth slightly longer thn usual for various reasons but due to busy schedules etc over the coming month I’ve decided that she will come out this weekend and get winterised, cleaned and tucked up for the next few month.

[...]

Stu.. don't you keep her in that big shed over winter? If so why do you need to winterise?

I'm still on my Berth and hope to keep going until January. Planning to move to a new Berth in a few weeks with power so plan for a couple of tube heaters and maybe a dehumidifier for the cabin. Not 100% sure yet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 13 Nov 2018, 09:08

If only Chris, that’s just where I take it to work on it. Shame really.

Good news about the new berth with electric, couple of heaters will do the trick, if it was an option i’d also go for the dehumidifier, as long as it can drain overboard or Do they automatically shut down if the collection tray is full?

by ChrisH » 13 Nov 2018, 23:33

shibbs wrote:If only Chris, that’s just where I take it to work on it. Shame really.

Good news about the new berth with electric, couple of heaters will do the trick, if it was an option i’d also go for the dehumidifier, as long as it can drain overboard or Do they automatically shut down if the collection tray is full?
That's a shame Stu. Can't you work on it all winter :-) lol

In 2 minds about the tube heaters.
I guess really they are to make sure temp.does not go below freezing. So will not stop damp.. thinking maybe a tube heater in the cabin and a humidifier. Hoping can put on top.of the cooker and drain into the sink maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by ian h » 14 Nov 2018, 20:19

Not done for season - well not planned, but having some work done on the boat shortly - looking to try and reduce engine bay temps and improve air flow into and out of engine bay,

Having some holes cut in the stern :lol: Then need to sea trail followed by prop testing :D
ian h

Return to Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum