  • In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum

Depth repeater

by Stevie101 » 28 Mar 2018, 16:15

Hi I've got a NASA clipper depth/speed/log multi guage on my fly bridge and was wondering if I could add a depth repeater in the saloon helm position?
I know they sell the depth repeater and assume it's for this purpose but can't think how they are linked as Ithere are no spare wires and don't want another to have to fit another transducer .
Thanks in advance
If it's got Tyres, Tits or goes on the water it's going to be expensive
Stevie101
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 14 Aug 2016, 20:36
Location: Sunny Sheffield by the Sea

by Ianfs » 29 Mar 2018, 12:41

http://www.nasamarine.com/product/clipp ... -repeater/

This is what you want but I suspect you've already found it.
Although it is normal to have the repeater on the Fly rather than at the Stateroom helm.
This maybe why you are unable to find a connection. However repeaters are not stand alone they work off the main unit.
Puzzling. :?
I am surprised there isn't a depth log at the main helm.

by kwil » 29 Mar 2018, 17:21

I believe the standalone units do have a repeater connection, but the duet unit does not. I could be wrong but that is what I recall from installing Clipper gauges for a mate, but it was a fair time ago.

Keith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kwil
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 15:27

Return to Boat Maintenance & Repair Forum