• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:55
  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

For Sale and Wanted

Hunton 36 for sale

by ian h » 13 Jul 2020, 20:36

ChrisH wrote:Stunning boat. I think though the purchase price would just be the start of my worries financially unfortunately :-(
Good luck selling her though Ian, the right person is out there somewhere.

Depends on expectations price wise, I have used the same engineer for 11 years ownership. I work with him on services , He will service then advise what to keep and eye on for the next year, All the coolers were removed 2 years ago so we know they in good order, (1 oil cooler was replaced) last year both gear shift cables were changed as 1 became stuck , as they looked same age and for little more cost we replaced both, Tapets were checked at 600 hours as per schedule.
I work on average £2000 a year for service / replacement of bits,
This year I moved from MDL to a private dry stack next door and saved 30% on storage costs
ian h

by ian h » 17 Aug 2020, 20:35

Well it looks like my Hunton has now been sold,

Hopefully all will be finalised by end of August,

On to the next venture all being well. :D
ian h

by Ianfs » 18 Aug 2020, 18:30

Oooo well done old chap. Look forward to the next chapter. :D

by shibbs » 20 Aug 2020, 12:37

Great news. Look forward to hearing of the new plans!

by ian h » 20 Aug 2020, 20:41

New plans are work in progress at present,

Not planning on giving up boating but there may be a 2-3 year break to pursue other avenues.
ian h

by Ianfs » 20 Aug 2020, 21:06

Intrigued, what's next then?

by ian h » 21 Aug 2020, 16:54

The Plan is for an Axopar 37 with twin cabin,

Want to get the grand kids out on the boat currently they are all 3 and 3 of them.

May go shared ownership next year or wait and purchase a second hand 1 in couple years,
ian h

by Ianfs » 24 Aug 2020, 09:59

They are a bit Marmite aren't they. I have to say when I first saw them I didn't like them at all, but I am old and still think the Fairey Marine Huntsman is stunning. However Axopar's have really grown on me and since I manage to cadge a ride in one, I couldn't believe how comfortable and safe they are, even in a very confused sea state, you know, the bit by Hurst Castle.

Great choice that man. :)

by ian h » 25 Aug 2020, 19:00

Ianfs wrote:They are a bit Marmite aren't they. I have to say when I first saw them I didn't like them at all, but I am old and still think the Fairey Marine Huntsman is stunning. However Axopar's have really grown on me and since I manage to cadge a ride in one, I couldn't believe how comfortable and safe they are, even in a very confused sea state, you know, the bit by Hurst Castle.

Great choice that man. :)

Totally agree that they are a bit Marmite, BUT the sea keeping is very good and the 37 Cabin is definitely the boat for the UK Went out for a sea trial from Lymington last year, there was a F8 blowing but did not tell the wife :lol: The boat handled the sea very well and felt warm and secure in the cabin with the heating on, The wife really felt safe inside, even with the windscreen getting many showers of water over it,
unfortunately the 28 is just too cramped and not what I am looking for.
ian h

by ian h » 25 Aug 2020, 19:05

Weather permitting the new owner takes the boat on Thursday this week.

There will actually be 2 Hunton's moving to Poole that day, Mine and Martin Payne has also sold his 37 "SkyFall"

A sad day but have many great memories. Just such a shame that Hunton's have ceased production.
ian h

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale and Wanted