• Boat Banter

It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:28
  • In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Too many projects - not enough time!!!

by lewlew100 » 22 Feb 2017, 19:26

Hi ian (BB), The Sunseeker only has the cover shown, but two of the Carrera have frames and covers (covers need replacing and I do not like the way the frames fold so will end up trying to mod them). One is standard and one is radar arch model. Joyce was right about the mobile, like everything else the hearing is going south!!! You are welcome to visit whenever you wish, just contact first to make sure we are in. With regards to my non RA boat I am seriously thinking of making a RA for it, but sloping forward to make it look a bit more modern, just a thoiught. I look forward to meeting you. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 23 Feb 2017, 20:13

lewlew100 wrote:Hi ian (BB), The Sunseeker only has the cover shown, but two of the Carrera have frames and covers (covers need replacing and I do not like the way the frames fold so will end up trying to mod them). One is standard and one is radar arch model. Joyce was right about the mobile, like everything else the hearing is going south!!! You are welcome to visit whenever you wish, just contact first to make sure we are in. With regards to my non RA boat I am seriously thinking of making a RA for it, but sloping forward to make it look a bit more modern, just a thoiught. I look forward to meeting you. Geoff.

Cheers Geoff I'll send you a PM, - & you do know you read texts on your mobile not listen to them ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by lewlew100 » 23 Feb 2017, 20:35

Hi Ian, just replied to your PM. I am brilliant with CNC routers, but rubbish with mobile phones!!! Look froward to hearing from you. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 18 Mar 2017, 20:43

Just a quick update, Andy (trimming expert) from Bedford visited last week and we re-arranged the canopy framing for Mistral to make it basicallyas it would have been when new He then took templates for the new canopy which totally against his advice I am going for Pearl ( a very light grey) which should be ready in about 3 weeks. I also had the inspector out for a boat safety inspection as I have arranged for a bankside mooring on the river Nene at Peterborough to start with. Nothing serious from the inspection, just a couple of IWA approved fire extinguishers, labels, battery terminals etc. I shall be starting to clean the boat up this coming week with a view to slipping it soon after Easter to try the engine. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by BruceK » 20 Mar 2017, 11:12

Ooooerrr. Making a canopy using the old one as template is a recipe for disaster. You wouldn't think so and I didn't, but it is and was.
BruceK

by lewlew100 » 20 Mar 2017, 14:33

Quite agree Bruce never use an original canopy as a template. The canopy frame was original, but for some reason had been re-assembled in a slightly different configuration, which made folding the frame down flush was impossible. We returned the frames to their original positions and Andy then made templates to suit. As I MAY replace the canopy on one of the other Carreras I did ask about copying it, but he stated that he will never copy a canopy and insists on making his own template every time. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 22 Mar 2017, 19:24

lewlew100 wrote:Just a quick update, Andy (trimming expert) from Bedford visited last week and we re-arranged the canopy framing for Mistral to make it basicallyas it would have been when new He then took templates for the new canopy which totally against his advice I am going for Pearl ( a very light grey) which should be ready in about 3 weeks. I also had the inspector out for a boat safety inspection as I have arranged for a bankside mooring on the river Nene at Peterborough to start with. Nothing serious from the inspection, just a couple of IWA approved fire extinguishers, labels, battery terminals etc. I shall be starting to clean the boat up this coming week with a view to slipping it soon after Easter to try the engine. Geoff.

give me a call if u need help Geoff, were in Thailand until the Easter Saturday but should be back late Sunday/Monday.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by lewlew100 » 22 Mar 2017, 20:19

Thailand - WOW - Enjoy yourselves. Thanks for the help offer. I will contact you after easter to bring you up to date. I bought an Argos DA polisher today, so hope the Mistral will soon be a shiny. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 15 Apr 2017, 08:31

The new canopy has now been made and fitted and both the 12V and 240V electrics sorted out and tidied up. Unfortunately on removing the starter motor (I was told it needed cleaning) I discovered that the bell housing has water ingress and that the bearings will therefore be damaged. I have had the starter fully reconditioned, but sadly with the volvo 280 leg it is an engine out job to replace the bearings in the bell housing so my hopes of getting the boat in the water within the next week or so will not happen. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 18 Apr 2017, 09:55

Ouch Geoff that sounds a big job. Back in the UK now with plenty of time on my hands again so let me know if you need any help? fleet manager may be :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

PreviousNext