  • In total there are 98 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 97 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 97 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Too many projects - not enough time!!!

by lewlew100 » 25 Sep 2018, 16:48

the pair of roof rails I ordered on the bay have now arrived, but I will not fit them until I have the screen windows fitted as I shall remove the as I am thinking that In may get the screen pillars vinyl wrapped in a dark colour. I have now made the mould for 2 seat pods and the pods have been laid up. I now need to find 2 helm seats. Will post some pics when the glass is in. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by Ianfs » 27 Sep 2018, 07:25

Are you keeping a rough recording of the actual work hours Geoff?

by jonutz » 27 Sep 2018, 12:08

@lewlew100 , you can use http://resizemyimg.com for image resizing, it's better.
jonutz
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 27 Sep 2018, 12:06

by ChrisH » 27 Sep 2018, 18:00

Do you need any fender baskets. I've got 2x tripples I want to sell.
Used I think but really don't look like they have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 27 Sep 2018, 18:24

What size are they chris? I may be interested if Geoff is not..?

by lewlew100 » 27 Sep 2018, 18:57

Captain, I do not wish to know how many hours this has taken - not really all that many when you think that it has been spread over such a long time - just too many projects!!!
Thanks for the tip jonatz. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 27 Sep 2018, 19:08

Thanks for the offer ChrisH, but I do not yet know what I will need. I am trying to source a pulpit rail which will probably need to be custom built. Please try to see if they will suit shibbs.

Four nice grey hatch covers (two for doors in my seat pods) arrived today along with two others for WH lockers. I went with grey as I like the colour and I think that white would probably be a slightly different shade to the rest of the boat. I am expecting two inexpensive seats(not captains) to arrive tomorrow. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by shibbs » 27 Sep 2018, 21:24

I’m looking forward to some more pictures to update, sounds like it is going really well and your making really good progress!

by lewlew100 » 28 Sep 2018, 00:27

Not any more photos yet, but I will post up the latest iteration of what I hope to achieve. The top drawing is of the open fisher, with just two v berths and a porta potti. The centre drawing shows the layout of a small enclosed wheelhouse with a small kitchen/eating area and the bottom drawing shows the side view of the enclosed version. I have not yet decided if the "enclosing" will be soft (just canvas/pvc, semi rigid by sandwiching a thin panel in the canvas or to make it a more permanent arrangement, remembering that this is just a small boat. Geoff
Attachments
1 A DRAWING 3.jpg
1 A DRAWING 3.jpg (422.46 KiB) Viewed 16569 times
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by Ianfs » 28 Sep 2018, 08:22

The reason I asked about the hours Geoff is that when you may have finally finished everything else, you'll have a record of the build.
It'll come in handy if you ever wanted to make another or even sell on the moulds. :)

PreviousNext