  • In total there are 58 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 57 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 57 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Too many projects - not enough time!!!

by lewlew100 » 28 Sep 2018, 15:03

Thanks for your comments Ian. It is very difficult to monitor my hours because a) .- I am very slow and b). - too easily distracted and c). - working on a limited budget as I have spent too much money assembling my un-seaworthy Carrera fleet!!! Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 28 Sep 2018, 18:54

ChrisH wrote:Do you need any fender baskets. I've got 2x tripples I want to sell.
Used I think but really don't look like they have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

plus 1 - Im interested in them too - se if we can get Geoff to pay but send them to me :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by betty boop » 28 Sep 2018, 18:56

lewlew100 wrote:Thanks for your comments Ian. It is very difficult to monitor my hours because a) .- I am very slow and b). - too easily distracted and c). - working on a limited budget as I have spent too much money assembling my un-seaworthy Carrera fleet!!! Geoff.

November 26th onwards you can hire me Geoff, It'll Hay's contractor rate though Im afraid, (or leave it a few weeks longer and I'll be working for food :cry: )
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by lewlew100 » 28 Sep 2018, 21:02

The seats arrived today so I put the pods and seats in position to see how it would look. Geoff.
Attachments
002 ALTERED AGAIN AND AGAIN.jpg
002 ALTERED AGAIN AND AGAIN.jpg (416.64 KiB) Viewed 16959 times
003 RESIZED 2.jpg
003 RESIZED 2.jpg (411.2 KiB) Viewed 16959 times
006 CROPPED 2.jpg
006 CROPPED 2.jpg (463.42 KiB) Viewed 16959 times
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by ChrisH » 28 Sep 2018, 22:10

I'll measure them tomorrow am and post some pics for the fender baskets.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by lewlew100 » 14 Oct 2018, 08:39

I have not had the chance(time) to do any more work on the boat, but now have the rubbing strake channel, grey hatches, laminated glass(front screen) and side screen acrylic panels and of course the seats/pods all here and ready to fit. I shall probably order the hydraulic steering system (Baystar?) this week, but will now start to loose out on the dry weather and long days. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 23 Oct 2018, 12:13

Whilst visiting my sister (her 70th b.day) at Canvey island on Sunday we decided to get a price for the hydraulic steering I need for the fast fisher. Whilst at the boatyard a monster catamaran came in so I took a few photos. This Blyth on Canvey and looked huge. I do not know how the lorry driver managed to make some of the turns required, but he did a fantastic job, sometimes passing within 1inch of some obstructions, steering the trombone trailer bogey from within his cab. I have not yet ordered the steering unit, but did buy 2 single piece white plastic moulded seats as I thought they were nicer (and cheaper) than the others. Geoff.
Attachments
20181021_152253 small.jpg
20181021_152253 small.jpg (469.14 KiB) Viewed 16791 times
20181021_150211 small.jpg
20181021_150211 small.jpg (424.41 KiB) Viewed 16791 times
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 24 Oct 2018, 10:30

Glad I read that Geoff I thought you'd bought another project when I saw the pictures. :lol: :lol: :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by lewlew100 » 24 Oct 2018, 16:03

At £1.6million some project Ian !!! Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 28 Oct 2018, 16:54

lewlew100 wrote:At £1.6million some project Ian !!! Geoff.

small change for you Geoff ;) we're off to Heathrow on Saturday - on the look out for a model or 2 ;)
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

PreviousNext