  • In total there are 27 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 27 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Too many projects - not enough time!!!

by lewlew100 » 16 Jun 2017, 15:03

I thought that I posted this earlier today,but cannot see it anywhere - another senior moment I guess. I hope to get the Volvo leg refitted this weekend with a view to getting afloat next week. Thank you MartynG for mentioning inline filters on the YBW mobo forum. I have been in contact with them and they have been most helpful and their prices are significantly less than any others that I have been given. I have made a set of plywood steps to improve cabin access, but any other modifications will now be on hold if I do manage to get the boat wet. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 02 Jul 2017, 13:09

Mistral is still on the trailer, but the leg is now back on with its new parts. I thought I would just post a couple of pics of the boat wearing her new canopy in various stages of undress. I forgot to take a photo of the boat with the full canopy, the first two photos are with the rear section already removed, and the rest with various bits removed. Geoff.
rsz_20170701_120529.jpg
rsz_20170701_120529.jpg (85.09 KiB) Viewed 41013 times

rsz_120170701_120405.jpg
rsz_120170701_120405.jpg (75.59 KiB) Viewed 41013 times

rsz_20170701_122217.jpg
rsz_20170701_122217.jpg (102.19 KiB) Viewed 41013 times

rsz_20170701_123320.jpg
rsz_20170701_123320.jpg (107.24 KiB) Viewed 41013 times

rsz_20170701_141326.jpg
rsz_20170701_141326.jpg (81.23 KiB) Viewed 41013 times
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 02 Jul 2017, 21:49

I struggled with at last post as I had to resize the photos and they were put in order as the cover bits were removed, but computer has decided otherwise!!! Geoff.
Last edited by Ianfs on 03 Jul 2017, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Order of photo's sorted.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 03 Jul 2017, 07:12

looks good Geoff
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by BruceK » 03 Jul 2017, 09:05

Looking good ! Bet you're just itching now. Hurry the season is getting on :D
BruceK

by lewlew100 » 03 Jul 2017, 10:05

Thanks Ian and Bruce for your comments. I realize that the season is disappearing fast, and really must get a move on. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 03 Jul 2017, 13:21

Thank you Ian for reorganising my photos. I have saved the method that you told me, but if I'll ever manage it??? Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 06 Jul 2017, 20:02

The cockpit upholstery in Mistral was the original Fairline fitted stuff from 1984 and mush the worse for wear. I have removed the bits from La Sugesse (the Brighton boat) and fitted that in mistral as a short term fix. I have drained the oil from the leg and will refill that tomorrow morning with the intention of introducing Mistral to the river Nene this weekend. If this happens I will post a couple of pics to prove that she really does (I hope) float. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by BruceK » 06 Jul 2017, 20:39

Best of British luck to you Geoff.
BruceK

by sprocker » 06 Jul 2017, 20:43

Good luck for the weekend Geoff. Exciting times!!
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

PreviousNext