  • In total there are 79 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 79 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 79 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Too many projects - not enough time!!!

by Ianfs » 01 Oct 2019, 19:49

, who was the good looking side kick in the video?

Why thank you kind Sir, that would be me of course as Jack is the one building it, I'm only there to supply endless tools, space and power oh and the odd beer. :D

There was some discussion about buying an old ambulance but he can only drive up to 3500 tonnes gross with his licence and by the time an old ambulance is converted it would be over that. :)

by lewlew100 » 01 Oct 2019, 20:41

3500 tonnes - hospital ship? Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by Ianfs » 03 Oct 2019, 17:34

Some ambulances go up to 4,250kgs, they tend to be 4wd with a heavy body. The Citroen Luton he has weighed in empty at 2,700kgs so with some interior fittings it may get close to 3,500kgs. :D

by lewlew100 » 03 Oct 2019, 18:28

Please re read your original post Ian. 3500 TONNESS!!! Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 03 Oct 2019, 19:49

could be 3500 tonnes :-) apparently the ambulances empty out and get lighter but are a lot of work, I've subscribed on utube so tell him more beers for the helper and more videos online, Im interested to see how he get on with the luton, I wouldnt have on this occasion but could in the future as its just too big but come travelling the EU etc then it makes sense, WE managed to talk 'myself' out of a van for a few months, got a big Holiday before, and end of contract coming just after xmas so desperately trying to be sensible - good luck to him though.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Ianfs » 04 Oct 2019, 08:09

Is it an age thing or am I just thick :mrgreen: :lol:

Thanks Geoff yeah 3500 tonnes is very heavy and of course for all other readers it should say 3500 kgs. :D

by lewlew100 » 04 Oct 2019, 16:12

Sorry Ian, just being pedantic (now THAT'S an age thing) of course I and all your readers knew exactly what you meant. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 30 Nov 2019, 21:01

Nothing new to report about my project as I am on light (that means no boat work by SWMBO) duties as I have been diagnosed as having a strangulated hernia.
I am having the operation on Dec. 12, but terrified as it is by local anesthetic (I'm a devout coward). I hope to be fighting fit in the new year and really will float my boat early next year. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by Ianfs » 01 Dec 2019, 21:55

Ok so you and me both. :D

But also having had my best mate have operations for 3 hernias with strapping and wire brases I can say with confidence, according to him, it's not too bad.

I wish you well and all is better soon. :)

by lewlew100 » 02 Dec 2019, 16:25

Thanks Ian. I must say that it is nice to hear that your friend said it's not too bad - here's hoping. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

PreviousNext