  • In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Too many projects - not enough time!!!

by lewlew100 » 29 Oct 2018, 01:28

Some great models at Heathrow Ian - just keep your eyes open at terminal 4 roundabout!!! Are you traveling from Heathrow to somewhere exotic again? Enjoy. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 30 Oct 2018, 18:23

W/H roof removed today to improve access for bonding in the glass (front screen) and acrylic (side screens). I had intended to fit these myself, but chickened out and asked a local screen replacement firm to do it. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 01 Nov 2018, 10:48

lewlew100 wrote:Some great models at Heathrow Ian - just keep your eyes open at terminal 4 roundabout!!! Are you traveling from Heathrow to somewhere exotic again? Enjoy. Geoff.

going to singapore, Langkawi (Malaysia) Bangkok, - Patayya (Thai Benidorm) - then Abu Dhabi for the Grand Prix w/end- albeit ticket free, unfortunately but given the cost Im not to bothered at only hearing it from afar. 48 hrs until take off getting a bit stressy as I havent winterised the boat or packed yet :roll: :-)
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by lewlew100 » 02 Nov 2018, 08:51

Wow! That sounds fantastic Ian. I just do not know how you manage to do it. Don't worry about the packing, just get the boat nicely cocooned and go. The best holiday that we ever had was the first time that we went to the Canaries. I booked a last minute holiday at 3PM, Joyce finished work at 5PM and we boarded at Luton at some unearthly hour the next morning. No time to buy any new "holiday" gear, just pack what we had and GO. Enjoy your trip, even if you do not get to the GP I am sure the general atmosphere will be great. good luck. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 02 Nov 2018, 22:55

lewlew100 wrote:Wow! That sounds fantastic Ian. I just do not know how you manage to do it. Don't worry about the packing, just get the boat nicely cocooned and go. The best holiday that we ever had was the first time that we went to the Canaries. I booked a last minute holiday at 3PM, Joyce finished work at 5PM and we boarded at Luton at some unearthly hour the next morning. No time to buy any new "holiday" gear, just pack what we had and GO. Enjoy your trip, even if you do not get to the GP I am sure the general atmosphere will be great. good luck. Geoff.

cheers Geoff - boat is 70% done, I ordered the wrong tube heater (no thermostat) so need to sort that when Im back and do the trailer bits but she's all clean and bleached to ward off the mould - dreading spring time with all the work needed to be done, new canvas and cover work again with new trim sensors on drive so total strip down AGAIN :twisted: Going to bury my head in the sand on the minor alarm going off intermittently and the more annoying whining coming from (I think) the drive on tick over. On the plus side SWSB rally booked and paid for Brixham 2019 so all has to be done by May 26th.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by lewlew100 » 11 Jan 2019, 16:59

Well, I suppose it is time that I came clean and admitted that in december yet another unfinished boat was added to the projects list. John, one of the the original gang of four that built the plug and the moulds we purchased sold his unit and had no storage for his set of mouldings and trailer - as BK has said on another forum - I just could not help myself!!! Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 19 Jan 2019, 18:13

Oh Geoff I thought you were going to keep quite on this one? I kept quite as promised :-)

The next one can be a Karnic 2260 at a bargain price, looks very similar to the one in the picture above :lol: :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by lewlew100 » 19 Jan 2019, 23:17

Thanks for keeping stumm Ian(BB), but I thought it time to fess up as BK is aware. I hope that you keep your nice Karnic, and anyway it would not suit me as it all works!!! Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 26 Jan 2019, 15:48

lewlew100 wrote:Thanks for keeping stumm Ian(BB), but I thought it time to fess up as BK is aware. I hope that you keep your nice Karnic, and anyway it would not suit me as it all works!!! Geoff.

HAHA yeah not now Geoff - I took the drive to bits today, my attempt at winter projects that can wait until spring time to resolve - may be.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Cap'n Jack » 28 Jan 2019, 11:16

I took the drive to bits today,

Oops! :mrgreen:

Yep I remember doing that! :?

Sterndrive two halves.jpg
Sterndrive two halves.jpg (272.59 KiB) Viewed 15821 times

Assembly in vice.jpg
Assembly in vice.jpg (298.29 KiB) Viewed 15821 times
Cap'n Jack
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

PreviousNext