It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 03:45

Motor Boat Forum

Too many projects - not enough time!!!

by lewlew100 » 29 Oct 2018, 01:28

Some great models at Heathrow Ian - just keep your eyes open at terminal 4 roundabout!!! Are you traveling from Heathrow to somewhere exotic again? Enjoy. Geoff.
lewlew100
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 30 Oct 2018, 18:23

W/H roof removed today to improve access for bonding in the glass (front screen) and acrylic (side screens). I had intended to fit these myself, but chickened out and asked a local screen replacement firm to do it. Geoff.
lewlew100
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 01 Nov 2018, 10:48

lewlew100 wrote:Some great models at Heathrow Ian - just keep your eyes open at terminal 4 roundabout!!! Are you traveling from Heathrow to somewhere exotic again? Enjoy. Geoff.

going to singapore, Langkawi (Malaysia) Bangkok, - Patayya (Thai Benidorm) - then Abu Dhabi for the Grand Prix w/end- albeit ticket free, unfortunately but given the cost Im not to bothered at only hearing it from afar. 48 hrs until take off getting a bit stressy as I havent winterised the boat or packed yet :roll: :-)
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by lewlew100 » 02 Nov 2018, 08:51

Wow! That sounds fantastic Ian. I just do not know how you manage to do it. Don't worry about the packing, just get the boat nicely cocooned and go. The best holiday that we ever had was the first time that we went to the Canaries. I booked a last minute holiday at 3PM, Joyce finished work at 5PM and we boarded at Luton at some unearthly hour the next morning. No time to buy any new "holiday" gear, just pack what we had and GO. Enjoy your trip, even if you do not get to the GP I am sure the general atmosphere will be great. good luck. Geoff.
lewlew100
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 02 Nov 2018, 22:55

lewlew100 wrote:Wow! That sounds fantastic Ian. I just do not know how you manage to do it. Don't worry about the packing, just get the boat nicely cocooned and go. The best holiday that we ever had was the first time that we went to the Canaries. I booked a last minute holiday at 3PM, Joyce finished work at 5PM and we boarded at Luton at some unearthly hour the next morning. No time to buy any new "holiday" gear, just pack what we had and GO. Enjoy your trip, even if you do not get to the GP I am sure the general atmosphere will be great. good luck. Geoff.

cheers Geoff - boat is 70% done, I ordered the wrong tube heater (no thermostat) so need to sort that when Im back and do the trailer bits but she's all clean and bleached to ward off the mould - dreading spring time with all the work needed to be done, new canvas and cover work again with new trim sensors on drive so total strip down AGAIN :twisted: Going to bury my head in the sand on the minor alarm going off intermittently and the more annoying whining coming from (I think) the drive on tick over. On the plus side SWSB rally booked and paid for Brixham 2019 so all has to be done by May 26th.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Previous