  • In total there are 61 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Too many projects - not enough time!!!

by Ianfs » 18 Aug 2018, 07:43

Amazing work Geoff.

by lewlew100 » 18 Aug 2018, 16:26

Thanks Ian, the patterns are have now been primed and filled and sanded ad infinitum and have had their first coat of gloss - now the filling, sanding etc. starts again. I do hope that they will be good enough to take moulds off during the coming week, Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 31 Aug 2018, 18:58

Moulds laid up last week and removed from patterns today. Moulds fettled and started waxing - I hope to get the coamings laid up next week and will post a couple of pics then. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by Ianfs » 01 Sep 2018, 15:32

I'm not sure if you've mentioned it or have been asked but will you be making more?

by lewlew100 » 01 Sep 2018, 18:28

Ian, the original intention was to get the boat CE approved and try to sell a few. Sadly plans changed and the project stalled. I have now decided to finish the boat for myself, but do still have all the moulds and a very good friend with a F/glass works, so it is possible that if somebody wanted a set of moulds for self completion we may do that. I am still the worlds greatest Carrrea fan, but the fast fisher should be a bit "sporty" with the 125 mercury and will be easier to store, trail and launch so I intend to keep it and leave the Carrera on our river mooring. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 03 Sep 2018, 12:57

lewlew100 wrote:Ian, the original intention was to get the boat CE approved and try to sell a few. Sadly plans changed and the project stalled. I have now decided to finish the boat for myself, but do still have all the moulds and a very good friend with a F/glass works, so it is possible that if somebody wanted a set of moulds for self completion we may do that. I am still the worlds greatest Carrrea fan, but the fast fisher should be a bit "sporty" with the 125 mercury and will be easier to store, trail and launch so I intend to keep it and leave the Carrera on our river mooring. Geoff.

Carrea's Geoff? sorry couldn't resist the plural/multiple :lol: at least I'm predicable :oops:

Fast fishers are more popular than I thought- Spent bank hol and the last week in Poole and spotted more than thought even a few Karnic I/B and O/B I guess they were already there but new for me, so you could have a market, for me I'm leaning heavily toward cloth as a means of propulsion, Its been hinted that I look at an old Carrea on a mooring down south as a floating caravan / short trip boat but just thinking slow and sedate is the way to go but with a small blow up semi rigid for a laugh now and then. Obviously that's for when I leave the flood plains though. :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by lewlew100 » 03 Sep 2018, 18:40

Only 1 Carrera afloat Ian (BB), and that one is still a bit sick - beats a caravan though. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by lewlew100 » 05 Sep 2018, 18:13

Moulds completed and the two coamings now fitted to boat. Geoff.
Attachments
056.jpg
056.jpg (414.19 KiB) Viewed 18574 times
054.jpg
054.jpg (424.2 KiB) Viewed 18574 times
050.jpg
050.jpg (415.95 KiB) Viewed 18574 times
DSCI1929.jpg
DSCI1929.jpg (416.34 KiB) Viewed 18574 times
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 06 Sep 2018, 09:22

we definitely need a chat over the winter about re gel coating my engine pod, a new GRP table and 2 sun longer inserts. :lol: looking good though sorry haven't been to see it - will make the time soon.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by lewlew100 » 06 Sep 2018, 22:06

No probs Ian(BB). Just contact me when ready. Managed to get the screen frame bonded on today, fitted a Lumar hatch fitted the WH roof temporarily. Geoff.
Attachments
DSCI1938 cropped.jpg
DSCI1938 cropped.jpg (382.29 KiB) Viewed 18551 times
DSCI1937.jpg
DSCI1937.jpg (488.04 KiB) Viewed 18551 times
DSCI1936 cropped.jpg
DSCI1936 cropped.jpg (432.57 KiB) Viewed 18551 times
DSCI1935 cropped.jpg
DSCI1935 cropped.jpg (323.95 KiB) Viewed 18551 times
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

PreviousNext