• Boat Banter

It is currently 20 May 2024, 01:59

Sticker Repair

by Bigplumbs » 28 Nov 2015, 07:37

One of the jobs I would like to do on the fletcher 19 gts before next season is to repair some of the stickers on the side where they have rubbed on the pontoon. There is generally a hole about the size of a 10 p piece in the sticker (the gell coat is fine) . Has anyone else done this and if so did you use paint or source some sticker material. I accept it will show but should look better than it is ?

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by BruceK » 28 Nov 2015, 08:47

Vinyl decals are actually one thing on a boat that is comparatively inexpensive. If the decal is not too big and complex that is. Have you had a look at quotes to replace? Plenty of online (from template) or vehicle advertising companies around. Should be one local. It can make for an amazing make over.
BruceK

by shibbs » 28 Nov 2015, 08:59

I too would source replacements, or at least some decal the same colour and attempt to cover over.
I noticed on mine when I took it out that my red stripe down the sides are looking a bit scruffy so will look to re-do them at some point.
The problem is, if you are only replacing one bit and not the whole thing it will notice. I would have thought anyway. I'm sure more knowledgable answers than mine will appear soon.

by Ianfs » 28 Nov 2015, 09:14

I've heard that Funky Monkey are pretty good. Give them a try. :)

http://www.funkymonkeyboatnames.co.uk/

by Bigplumbs » 28 Nov 2015, 09:16

The whole decal would be difficult as it is very large. I know it will notice but I am ok with that I just want to tart it up a bit

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by Ianfs » 28 Nov 2015, 09:19

Funky Monkey may be able to help out with a small piece matched to the right colour which you could stick over the hole.

by Bigplumbs » 28 Nov 2015, 13:07

Thanks Ian I have emailed them

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by BruceK » 28 Nov 2015, 14:15

I used Funky Monkey for my boat name decals. Very happy with quality.
BruceK