• Boat Banter

It is currently 20 May 2024, 00:29

Leaving at dawn

by MartynG » 15 Nov 2015, 17:56

Nice picture taken by a friend - our boat ahead - 04:30 am July 2015

Image
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by BruceK » 16 Nov 2015, 10:49

Nice pic. Where is the boat based?
BruceK

by MartynG » 16 Nov 2015, 18:04

BruceK wrote:Nice pic. Where is the boat based?

We are based at Farndon , Nottinghamshire.
The picture at dawn was just outside Grimsby.
.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by Ianfs » 17 Nov 2015, 19:12

That was some distance. What a great trip. :)

by MartynG » 17 Nov 2015, 22:30

Grimsby was just a stop on the journey .We were on our way to Wells Next the Sea.

Here is the boat on the pontoon in Wells harbour

Image
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by Bigplumbs » 18 Nov 2015, 06:29

At low water in Wells do you finish up on the mud or is that bit where the water remains but you cant get out ?

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by MartynG » 18 Nov 2015, 07:58

Bigplumbs wrote:At low water in Wells do you finish up on the mud or is that bit where the water remains but you cant get out ?

Dennis

They have dredged along the location of the visitor pontoon so you remain afloat. At low tide on a very hot day I went for a swim off the back of the boat . A few metres away from the boat I could stand up waist deep. The bottom was sandy.
The visitor pontoon was extended (in 2014 I think).

As a general rule you can enter/leave Wells 2 hours each side of high tide.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth