• Boat Banter

It is currently 20 May 2024, 00:28
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Motor Boat Forum

Carpet for the cure

by Bigplumbs » 15 Nov 2015, 09:14

My other 2 fletchers have carpet in them which I quite like. The Cure (19 ft GTS) has none but Fletcher did do a fitted carpet back in the day that I suspect you can not get now. (Trying to speak to Fletcher at the moment and get any sense is a waste of time in my opinion). The deck has screw fixings in it and I can get a nice hard wearing carpet very cheap. I have fitted several carpets in my time so the job does not concern me.

I was wondering if others like carpet of prefer the fiberglass deck under their feet

Dennis
Bigplumbs
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by annageek » 15 Nov 2015, 09:33

We opted to put artificial teak down (isiteek - the DIY version of flexiteak). Easy to do, cost about £120/sqm with all the adhesives and stuff, and the fletcher only has about 2sqm of deck space, and that includes the transom platform.

It looks nicer than grp, offers better non slip, is slightly nicer under bare feet, has deadened some engine noise, doesnt show up dirt like white grp and is dead easy to clean/look after.

I expect dry carpet underfoot is far more luxurious, but also imagine that if it does get a bit soggy due to spray, then it has all the luxury of a cold, wet bathmat - not so nice?

Just a thought, and obviously photos in the users boats section.
annageek
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by BruceK » 16 Nov 2015, 10:44

Carpets are a nightmare to clean. Always full of sand and having a vacuum cleaner on that size boat is impracticle. I'd go artificial teak too
BruceK

Return to Motor Boat Forum

User Menu