• Boat Banter

It is currently 20 May 2024, 00:28
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Motor Boat Forum

PowerBoat & Rib magazine

by argonaut » 13 Nov 2015, 17:36

If anybody form the magazine reads this forum .... please read this suggestion.

I have read in recent times 2 of your in-depth reviews ... Regal 2000es and Chaparral Vortex 223 VRX

A lot of boaters take part in towed sports, both reviews showed boats with a Tower fitted ........ and it would be nice to know about the wake.
However both reviews are devoid of any mention of the wake, or any mention of the water behind the boat.

It would be nice to know how the wake shaped is, i.e is it clean & defined in shape, or is it messed up or wide & rounded ............. and the area between the Vee of the wakes it is clean & flat water, or it is really confused & messed up.

One big American review mag adds a simple sentence to describe this to each review, and to how good a wake can be obtained using trim ........... and also follows it up with a simple photograph taken from the transom at wake boarding & water skiing speeds.

Your reviews seem to always have stock approach photo of the boat heeling over with driver staring at camera ....

Please consider adding this extra information to your reviews.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
argonaut
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by _Ed_ » 15 Nov 2015, 15:33

I get the feeling that in many cases specifically engines, the reviewer has not even touched the real thing. I could be wrong but thats how it comes over to me... Hopefully not the same for boats.
www.aboardmyboat.co.uk - boat projects and stuff!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner

Return to Motor Boat Forum

User Menu