• Boat Banter

It is currently 20 May 2024, 00:16

Capturing the Cure

by Bigplumbs » 08 Nov 2015, 07:49

I actually have a bow roller and a mooring cleat on the Fletcher 19 gts
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by BruceK » 08 Nov 2015, 09:40

:D that's great news then. No faffing about required.
BruceK

by Bigplumbs » 08 Nov 2015, 12:32

I went to the boat again today, took the radio out to work on and also removed the camper canvas to fix the zips.

I loosened the friction catch for the front window and it opened lovely. I have 2 cam catches at the front and I tightened the screw on them a little and looked at the rubber seal and it looked good. I suspect the small amount of water that is getting in is getting in at the junction between the fiberglass and the hatch frame. So wait for the spring and out with the sealant. The cuddy is actually very dry inside.

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by Bigplumbs » 08 Nov 2015, 15:53

Managed to get the JVC Stereo working. I don't think they had connected the yellow wire which needs to be connected to the live as well as the red wire or nowt will work.

No going to work on the zips for the camping cover. I have got them all in the lounge and am dissolving the salt at the ends in boiling water then going to use candle wax as a lubricant

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by Bigplumbs » 09 Nov 2015, 07:02

I have got the zips working ok once you get the end in the zipper ok. Still might need a little more freeing up.

Before I sussed out the radio I looked for marine stereos and they are rather expensive. I think the answer is to use a normal car stereo but to connect it with an ISO plug and remove the complete unit over winter

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by ChrisH » 09 Nov 2015, 20:52

Looks a great setup a Dennis.
Bet you can't wait until next spring.
User avatar
ChrisH

by Bigplumbs » 10 Nov 2015, 07:51

Very true cant wait till next spring. Getting a boat at this point in time is actually quite frustrating :)

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by BruceK » 10 Nov 2015, 08:31

Yes, but you will be ready for when the season starts. Nothing so demoralising as getting something at the start of the season and then watching the season slip you buy as you make the inevitable repairs and modifications. Take advantage of the good winter days to give her a few trials if you can.
BruceK

by Bigplumbs » 10 Nov 2015, 13:15

BruceK wrote:Yes, but you will be ready for when the season starts. Nothing so demoralising as getting something at the start of the season and then watching the season slip you buy as you make the inevitable repairs and modifications. Take advantage of the good winter days to give her a few trials if you can.

That is a very good point as I told her indoors. The look on her face said it all. Not giving up though

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by BruceK » 10 Nov 2015, 15:35