• Boat Banter

It is currently 19 May 2024, 22:12
  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Sportsboat and Rib or Motorboat Monthly back issues.

by annageek » 23 Oct 2015, 17:55

This is a real long shot, but I know there's a chance that someone may have a dusty old copy of one of these in a cardboard box somewhere.

Does anybody have the February 2011 edition of Sportsboat and Rib mag or Motorboats Monthly? There was a review of the AMT 200DC in both of them (both in the Feb 2011 edition, too) and was trying to get hold of one (or both) to read the review. Someone at work is taking a second viewing on one tomorrow (and I'm tagging along to have a nose too) and haven't found any other reviews anywhere else. A photo of the pages of the review would be smashing if anyone has it?

If not, no worries... as I said, it's a bit of a long shot!

Oh, and feel free to pm me if you don't want to publicly out yourself as a hoarder! :P
annageek
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by Ianfs » 24 Oct 2015, 15:24

Not a serial hoarder, but for sentimental reasons, everything else gets six months then binned. :mrgreen:

Probably a bit late now though, sorry Anna. :(

Feb 2011.jpg
Feb 2011.jpg (137.82 KiB) Viewed 6048 times

by annageek » 24 Oct 2015, 16:11

Oh wow... my long shot paid off.

Nope... not too late. I saw the boat today (very impressed) and an offer was made and I think may have just been accepted - subjected to survey/sea trial etc. Therefore, if there's any chance of a quick photo of the article concerned, it'd be much appreciated!
annageek
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by Ianfs » 24 Oct 2015, 16:26

I'm not sure how much of this you can read but I've scanned it in. If you download the pics you may be able to blow them up, if not I'll try to send larger pictures. Let me know.

As an aside, these are fantastic boats built in Finland, not cheap and are built accordingly.

AMT  article.jpg
AMT article.jpg (265.93 KiB) Viewed 6043 times

AMT011.jpg
AMT011.jpg (606.98 KiB) Viewed 6044 times

AMT012.jpg
AMT012.jpg (279.92 KiB) Viewed 6043 times

by annageek » 24 Oct 2015, 17:04

Cracking! Absolutely perfect, thank you so much!!

Anna
annageek
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer