• Boat Banter

It is currently 20 May 2024, 00:16

A Question for Anna

by Bigplumbs » 21 Oct 2015, 07:23

Anna

I have been searching a while and have just found a Fletcher 19 GTS Sports Cruiser year 2000 on what looks like a decent trailer. It has a
3LTR Mercruiser and Alpha 1 drive. The boat looks in good condition and is up for £10K. I am quite interested in this boat

I think this boat is very similar to yours and would be interested in your answer to a couple of questions:

1) What sort of cruising speed and top speed do you get and
2) How do you find the boat for staying overnight in her for say a couple of nights. I think this one has a little shower outside

Thanks

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by annageek » 21 Oct 2015, 16:57

Cruise is about 22kts. Top speed is about 35kts.

Those figures are with two on board, full fuel tank (although our tank is 180l rather than the standard 100l) and a 19" mercury black max 3-blade prop. With this prop we can over rev a bit, and we could probably change to a 21" instead to get an extra couple of knots on top speed and reduce fuel burn a smidgen at cruise. Fuel usage at the moment is around about 0.9l/mile.

The longest we have over nighted is only for one night. We've only ever done it at anchor rather than in a marina. Next year, we are going to try a full weekend with one night at anchor and the next in a marina. With no fridge, proper cleaning facilities and the smallest porta potty you can fit, going longer than 24 hours would be a stretch. All that is based on 2 people on board, also.

To add to that, up until this year when we bought an inflatable SUP board, we were confined to the boat (and swimming) which is a bit cramped. The SUP board makes it so much better as you can just go for a 10 minute paddle if you're a bit restless like me! And you can use it to get to the pub too!!
annageek
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by Bigplumbs » 22 Oct 2015, 06:56

Many thanks Anna that is encouraging. Have also replied to your PM

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by Bigplumbs » 22 Oct 2015, 07:43

Anna

I sent you a couple of PM's but I am not sure if they have gone as they are still in my Outbox. Did you get them

Regards

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by mlines » 22 Oct 2015, 07:55

PMs stay in your "outbox" until the other person reads them
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Ianfs » 22 Oct 2015, 09:56

Good ones seem to sell very quickly. Prices are a little diverse though, there's a 4.3 V6 version in Scotland for £7k and a Welsh based one which says its a 2000 but in the add its a 1999.

There was a nice one for sale in Ireland but its gone now. Heres a vid, also shows it in action.....

And another random vid of one in action, nicely trimmed..