• Boat Banter

It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:04
  • In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Boat Brokers

by argonaut » 14 Jul 2023, 16:09

Thinking of selling my boat
Does anybody know the name of big Brokerage companies .... my dealer has offered to put it on his website for sale but don't think I'd get the best price or enough interest, assuming South Coast dealer/marine/brokerage may be better.
Last edited by argonaut on 01 Aug 2023, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Cap'n Jack » 22 Jul 2023, 17:41

Hi Rick

Are you changing or leaving boating?
Cap'n Jack
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

by argonaut » 01 Aug 2023, 18:13

Thinking of changing from a trailered High performance Bow Rider, to a cruiser ... maybe 40' range.

So looking for some suggestions on where to put mine of Brokerage or advertise.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by shibbs » 03 Aug 2023, 11:11

I’m in the same position, mine will be going up for sale soon.
Personally, and that’s all it is, I don’t have a particularly strong opinion of brokers.
I’ve looked at a few boats in the past being sold by a broker ( both different) and the service ( a very loose term) was nothing short of insulting.
The lack of effort or interest to sell the boat was shocking. Had they of been mine I would have been furious.
I know of a friends boat that is up for sale at the moment, significantly over priced, not selling but happily left by the broker going nowhere.
For these reasons, I can advertise my boat as well as they can and more importantly, provide interest, knowledge and information to anyone interested.
I believe there are enough online platforms now to get a boat out there to be seen by those that are looking..

Now just to sell mine. :lol: :lol:

by argonaut » 11 Aug 2023, 10:47

What platforms are worth considering in your view ?

https://uk.boats.com/boats-for-sale/?cl ... ortcruiser
https://motorboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boa ... ts-cruiser
https://www.boatshop24.co.uk/boats-for- ... ser-boats/
https://www.boatshed.com/cat/power-boats/

Those are the only ones I am familiar with, unaware if any good.

(sorry for delay in foillow up, the 'Notify me when a reply is posted' no longer works for me.)
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by shibbs » 31 Aug 2023, 12:06

Did you have any luck Argonaut?

I ended up advertising via FB and EBay, cost me approx £30.
Enquired, viewed and sold for asking price within 10 days, and I don’t feel I under valued it.

Yours is obviously a lot newer and will be of a much higher value but may be worth giving it a try?

Mine has now been replaced by something quite substantially ( to me anyway) bigger.

by Ianfs » 06 Sep 2023, 07:13

You got one then Shibbs, well done.

Yes, how are you getting on Argonaut?

by argonaut » 17 Sep 2023, 13:39

shibbs wrote:Did you have any luck Argonaut?

I ended up advertising via FB and EBay, cost me approx £30. .

Don’t you end up with large selling fees using eBay
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by shibbs » 18 Sep 2023, 10:14

No, if you list as a Classified ad, you put your price, it’s not an auction, and then it will charge a set price, think it cost me about £30 ish.
Ad last for 30 days I think.

by argonaut » 25 Sep 2023, 10:13

Did you find FB / eBay classified Ad a good way to sell ? ..... not aware of this service.
Where did you go to place Ad .. is there a web site or similar