• Boat Banter

It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:57
  • In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Insurance

by argonaut » 01 Jun 2023, 13:31

It's renewal time .... I have been using Porthcawl Insurance Brokers for over 20 years
Thye currently use Cardinal Mark Policy
Worth checking market for alternatives - who do you use ?
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Cap'n Jack » 07 Jul 2023, 19:31

Porthcawl Insurance.

To be fair, I've never had yet to make a claim and as always paying per annum is just a figure, but making a claim and whether they pay out is always true of the integrity of the business!
Cap'n Jack
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

by argonaut » 14 Jul 2023, 16:03

I renewed with them ... every option I found was more expensive.
On RIB forum guys 100% positive they have the best deal, but when I tried insurers they were £60-100 more.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by MartynG » 22 Oct 2023, 08:01

I have often found brokers can offer a better deal than going direct to insurers. But it is necessary to check the policy wording and be sure the excess hasn't been increased unreasonably.
When renewing earlier in 2023 I found very little difference between different brokers so i decided to stick with Topsail / Haven KJ policy.
I have recently done some research which has come up with a big jump in premiums but its early days as my renewal is March.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by ian h » 24 Oct 2023, 16:44

hope you do not have an EV car as I have heard those insurance policies are really jumping up in renewal prices.
ian h

by MartynG » 02 Nov 2023, 22:28

No EV.
Could consider a micro car type of electric vehicle for local trips
Image
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41