• Boat Banter

It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:07
  • In total there are 39 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Volvo Penta Service Parts

by MartynG » 26 Apr 2023, 17:51

After having some short lived impellers ad finding no Jabsco impellers in stock locally I thought I  would go with genuine Volvo Penta this time.

After some research found the service kit which is impeller, oil filter and  engine fuel filter is relatively good value ( part nr 877201 for a kad32) so I have gone with that .

I settled on the following supplier
https://www.engendiesel-shop.com/volvo-penta.html

Ordered Wednesday evening last week and arrived today (they did say it would be  a few days)
All genuine Volvo Penta parts supplied .
You need the part numbers to search for the items although my initial email enquiry received a promptr resposne.
Image
£10+VAT was added for delivery
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by Cap'n Jack » 27 Apr 2023, 10:35

Wow, great value at £127 for both engines. I suspect you'd be quoted £500 labour plus parts from an engineer.
Cap'n Jack
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

by argonaut » 27 Apr 2023, 12:25

Looks a good deal for genuine parts
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by MartynG » 03 May 2023, 18:33

Cap'n Jack wrote:Wow, great value at £127 for both engines. I suspect you'd be quoted £500 labour plus parts from an engineer.

I decided to do my own servicing a few years ago and realised immediately it not only saved the cost of labour but also saved on parts which professionals charge at full list price.
Also as a DIY job its not essential to do all service work in one hit. For example There is no need to change fuel filters at the same time as an oil/oil filter change.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by MartynG » 02 Nov 2023, 23:35

This was the oil I used for the engine service
Image
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41