• Boat Banter

It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:38
  • In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Motor Boat Forum

2023 season

by shibbs » 01 Apr 2023, 23:16

Anyone got any plans?
I’m looking to launch within next few weeks.
Few jobs to do, bit of minor pre season pre-emptive maintenance then hopefully re-do cabin lining this year at some point.
Full service, carb rebuild and drive leg already done.
Hoping for some decent weather..

by MartynG » 05 Apr 2023, 21:21

We had a modest first trip up the (fast flowing) river last weekend and a peaceful night on board at a pleasant local riverside mooring.
A similar but a slightly longer trip planned over the Easter weekend. Expecting the river to be busy with boats.

A much longer long weekend tidal trip in mid May is planned to involve our long term sailing friends. They have been on board before but not previously overnight and not including a spin at 20 knots.

We usually expect to use the boat most weekends April to end of September even if it occasionally involves staying on board in the marina. We have a non boating week in Greece in June. You can be sure that week will be a scorcher in the UK.

Later in the summer I hope we will have a fortnight on board. Possibly a sea trip could be included.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by MartynG » 27 Apr 2023, 07:03

We had a second long weekend on board and out on the river over Easter. It was a surprise to see very few boats about. I wonder if people are reluctant to consume fuel or maybe its just the weather is not warm enough.
Last weekend stayed on board in the marina.
Another long weekend coming up although we will no get away until Friday late afternoon due to the chief officer having an appointment.
We need to stock up with wine. Asda have an offer on.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth