• Boat Banter

It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:51
  • In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Need help identifying make of boat

by Mac985 » 23 Jan 2023, 14:24

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section,apologies if it is.

So the issue I have is that my father has bought a 27 footer from a guy who stays locally to me. Now, the guy inherited the boat and doesn’t really have much knowledge about boats or any information about the boat itself.

My father has had boats all his life so he’s no stranger to them, we are both stumped as to the make and model of it. The closest I’ve found that resembles it is a Seamaster 27. Although there are a few differences that make me think it’s not a Seamaster.

I will attach a photo of the boat and if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Iain
Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac985
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 23 Jan 2023, 01:17

by Mac985 » 23 Jan 2023, 17:07

Mac985 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section,apologies if it is.

So the issue I have is that my father has bought a 27 footer from a guy who stays locally to me. Now, the guy inherited the boat and doesn’t really have much knowledge about boats or any information about the boat itself.

My father has had boats all his life so he’s no stranger to them, we are both stumped as to the make and model of it. The closest I’ve found that resembles it is a Seamaster 27. Although there are a few differences that make me think it’s not a Seamaster.

I will attach a photo of the boat and if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Iain
Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve been advised that it could be a senior 26

Does anyone on here have one or know of anyone who does ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac985
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 23 Jan 2023, 01:17

by Ianfs » 26 Jan 2023, 16:59

That is indeed a Senior 26 built by Senior Marine in Romsey, the owner of which was also the founder of Seamaster Boats and co founder of Elysian. The moulds went on to be used by Marine Projects, who then became Princess Yachts Ltd.

The main reasons a lot of boats from this era look similar is because there was a lot of interaction with the builders who moved around.

Tha boat looks to be a fine example, are there any more pictures?

by Mac985 » 27 Jan 2023, 13:49

Ianfs wrote:That is indeed a Senior 26 built by Senior Marine in Romsey, the owner of which was also the founder of Seamaster Boats and co founder of Elysian. The moulds went on to be used by Marine Projects, who then became Princess Yachts Ltd.

The main reasons a lot of boats from this era look similar is because there was a lot of interaction with the builders who moved around.

Tha boat looks to be a fine example, are there any more pictures?
Thanks for that information. That will let me dig a bit deeper on it.

Don’t have any other pictures at the minute, I’ll post some more at the weekend.