• Boat Banter

It is currently 12 May 2024, 17:13
  • In total there are 15 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Motor Boat Forum

How long ago was it?

by MartynG » 18 Nov 2022, 19:18

I see I joined this forum on 31 Oct 2015.
7 years.
Time seem to accelerate with age. Not sure that's a good thing.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by ian h » 20 Nov 2022, 21:24

I joined 26 November 2014, where as the time gone
ian h

by Ianfs » 22 Nov 2022, 15:59

Good question!

Sporstboat & Rib magazine stopped publishing in 2011, but we kept the forum going until 2014 when it was hacked to extinction. Nick managed to get a copy running but it didn't work because of the database.

Boatbanter was born in November 2014. I retired early in 2016 with the intention of upgrading it, but when you move to the sea and retire you think you have endless time........noooo! Everyone wants to visit or you go boating or help crew friends yachts. During Covid I started playing around again and wanted to upgrade, but this thing called "time flying" happened again.

What's going on?

by MartynG » 22 Nov 2022, 17:46

I had not been aware of the origins of this forum.
Perhaps other boating forums will expire and this one will be inundated with new members?

Yes time certainly does go by faster with age.
I plan to retire in 2024.
In a few short weeks I will be able to say 'I plan to retire next year'
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by shibbs » 26 Nov 2022, 21:30

I joined over from the old forum in 2014. I’d only been on the old one for maybe a year or 2, but I can’t believe having read this thread how long ago it was!!

I’ve had some great advice on here over the years and I’m genuinely grateful to all that have contributed. As good forums go, I feel I now a few of you fairly well even having never met. Maybe one day some of us can.

It’s a shame it has slowed over the last year or 2 but let’s hope it picks up again.