• Boat Banter

It is currently 13 May 2024, 20:19
  • In total there are 38 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Motor Boat Forum

UK Shore-Power Facilities Compendium

by martinwinlow » 30 Jan 2022, 13:53

I'm planning a rather long electric-powered motor-boat trip next year (originating in Sweden) around the south and west coasts of the UK and wondered if anyone knows of a list of available shore-power facilities at harbours/marinas (for overnight-charging) in those regions of the UK. It is going to be quite a task contacting them all to ask (I'm at 50+ charging stops for the whole 2350 miles so far... What else would I be doing in my retirement? ).
martinwinlow
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 20 May 2018, 15:08

by Ianfs » 30 Jan 2022, 21:15

What else would I be doing in my retirement? ).

Ha ha, I know that feeling Martin!

As it's next year, give me some time and I'll make some enquiries for you. :D

by martinwinlow » 19 Feb 2022, 18:12

Hi Lanfs, Sorry - I did not receive a notification that someone had replied to my original post...

Thank you. In the meantime there has been a 'lively' response on the other place I posted my plans on the YBW forum - most them have concluded that I have lost my marbles.

Also, I have run into a bit of a roadblock as far as insurance goes. No-one I have spoken to thus far is prepared to offer cover let alone cheaply! It seems hydrofoils are bad enough let alone an electric drive-train to boot...

Any help here would be much appreciated.
martinwinlow
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 20 May 2018, 15:08