It is currently 12 May 2021, 14:21

Motor Boat Forum

Fletcher Boats

by ian h » 11 Apr 2021, 19:10

Good to see that they appear to being built again,

Bit shocked at the price though

https://www.fletcherboats.co.uk/shop/19-gts/
ian h
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

by Ianfs » 12 Apr 2021, 15:35

Looks like its all Russian owned now and they bought out Wessex Investments. As you say Ian the price is a little shocking.
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by argonaut » 12 Apr 2021, 22:40

Fletcher have come and gone many times.

I remember their peak when there was a weekly soap about a boatyard, and the new Fletcher cruiser was the ‘new boat’
They were at their best when they teamed up with Mercury, and for a couple of years produced Fletcher Black Max packages .... very desirable at the time.

Here is one of me in my early Fletcher .... an enormous hull size of 11’6”

D36D752E-732A-41BB-BE98-6ECE700B6D10.jpeg
D36D752E-732A-41BB-BE98-6ECE700B6D10.jpeg (356.42 KiB) Viewed 273 times

It was pretty nippy it had a Kiekhaefer Mercury 500
The original band was Kiekhaefer.

It was a 1965. Motor originally in white, I painted it to look more like the Mercury BlueBands, which were ‘modern’ at the time.
The worlds first 4 cylinder in-line outboard.

Originally pull start only, it had an electric start ‘add-on’ , but no charger, so had to manually charge battery before each trip.

I once stripped it down to change the Reed valves, biggest outboard strip down I ever did.

31A067AE-8A9D-4F3D-BF1C-72D9520420DA.jpeg
31A067AE-8A9D-4F3D-BF1C-72D9520420DA.jpeg (63.66 KiB) Viewed 273 times
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Skoda Kodiaq Edition
User avatar
argonaut

by shibbs » 13 Apr 2021, 21:30

That’s a cracking looking boat Argonaut!! :D
Bet you had a lot of fun in that!
The price of the new ones certainly does seem steep, I wonder how they’ll get on..
That said, I have no idea what the price of the competition are like to be honest..
Or any new boat come to think of it.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant