• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:41
  • In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Mercury V12 600hp Verado Outboard Engine

by ian h » 11 Feb 2021, 19:14

Now this is a bit of a beast

Just wonder if its too complex for its own good,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y90eo4c ... e=youtu.be
ian h

by Ianfs » 13 Feb 2021, 13:26

I think you and Argonaut have been reading the same news. :D

I'm getting more convinced that outboards are the future of power boating. Agreed it is very complex and 10 yr old engine repair costs may be very expensive.

by ian h » 13 Feb 2021, 21:42

and a tad expensive $77,000 & 570Kg
ian h

by shibbs » 14 Feb 2021, 09:51

I’ve just replied to Argonauts post on same engine.
I wonder if engines like that will have a market in the uk?
The running costs of a couple of those must be shocking.