• Boat Banter

It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:33
  • In total there are 46 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 46 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests

Motor Boat Forum

And that’s me done

by shibbs » 02 Oct 2020, 20:55

That’s my seasons to an end. Off away with work for a few weeks so decided that it was time to bring her out back into the trailer.
Amazingly I managed to dodge the rain today to get her out, serviced and winterised and covered under her winter cover without getting wet.
I got in a few nights ago to give the bottom a scrub so she came out clean, a pain in the a** job saved once on trailer.
I only really put her in this year to try and run in the new engine and we achieved that comfortably. 20 hours in, not as many as hoped for but not bad around life and everything else going on.
Really pleased as she ran really well, shy of a few minor winter jobs, not too much to do.
Attachments
0BF87828-BFC8-4FC9-8F57-5D428CC86165.jpeg
0BF87828-BFC8-4FC9-8F57-5D428CC86165.jpeg (33.88 KiB) Viewed 3610 times

by argonaut » 03 Oct 2020, 20:48

Not getting out this weekend, but hoping to get a few more runs in.
Typically get at least 1 run in October.
Though a dip in the water last week showed a very significant drop in water temp .... colder than same time over past 10 years.
I know it’s a bit anal ... but I record water temp every time we ar3 out and keep an XL graph for each year.

Interesting I also plot the oceanographic predicated temp.... and we are normally 3-5 degrees C above ... Last week was first time we have been below Predicted temperature .... would have thought after good summer higher temperature.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by shibbs » 04 Oct 2020, 12:34

I’ve got to say when I was in the other day I could feel a significant drop from a week or 2 before. Quite surprising.
I imagine it’s quite interesting to have the data to compare temps between years.
Agree though, after the weather we’ve had this year I expected it to stay warm for a little longer.