• Boat Banter

It is currently 01 May 2024, 21:57
  • In total there are 39 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Yamaha tacho 6Y8T-11

by robanfield » 06 Oct 2020, 07:48

Thanks a million Lanfs.
robanfield
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 28 Sep 2020, 09:56

by Ianfs » 07 Oct 2020, 11:12

Hi Rob

I've managed to get a little more information however you may already have it. First of all there are different types of multi function metres and some work with certain engines only e.g. yours won't work with carb engines. . As far as I can tell from the photos your multi function meter is the correct one for 6Y8 engines.

As an aside the engine hours function on command link engines takes its hours from the ECU, on earlier models they only start when the unit is fitted, therefore yours should be working but we can get to that later.

To eliminate items, I think you said the locking system (Y-COP) shows up on the multi meter, is that correct? What happens when you deactivate it, does the Y-COP indicator disappear?

Also out of interest, was it already dealer or factory fitted when you bought the engine?

Oh and do you have any pics of the back of the meter with the multi plug?

Previous