• Boat Banter

It is currently 13 May 2024, 08:44
  • In total there are 28 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests

Motor Boat Forum

NMEA connection

by argonaut » 04 Jun 2020, 14:06

Never used NMEA 2000 system ..... but realise its based on thick ethernt technology, backbone, terminators, Tees & drops..

I’m adding an instrument to my boat. Boat install is standard NMEA 2000 backbone, so install will be via addition of an NMEA Tee. This uses 5 pin round branch connector.
The instrument I ‘m adding uses Deutch DT06-04S connectors. (rectangular 4 pin) – pic attached

I asked manufacturer, they just said this needs a field wiring of harness to fit NMEA

Option 1 …. Can you buy a Deutsch DT06-4S to NMEA round adapter ?

Option 2 … Can I get a simple NMEA drop lead (as short as possible) to which I will attach a female DT06-04S

There is a 3rd option which I don't really want to do, that is I buy a 'field wirable NMEA plug' and use that.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 06 Jun 2020, 14:08

Although DT06 blocks tend to be automotive based and N2K is marine I think if you speak to these guys, they have all sorts of connectors and may be able to help. :D

https://marinedevices.uk/

They are resellers of the Canadian guys below...

https://www.yachtd.com/

by argonaut » 06 Jun 2020, 15:56

Thanks