• Boat Banter

It is currently 13 May 2024, 10:52
  • In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Trailer Lighting board Q

by argonaut » 02 Jun 2020, 10:36

On my new boat & trailer, the lighting board ends up behind the raised drive - number plate obscured - so that would have to be changed.
Trailer regulations state number plate must be on the central line of the trailer.

I had always assumed that lighting board had to be after the last part of the boat .... i.e. in front of drive, so light, reflectors etc refer to all that follows.
Anybody know if this is an 'actual' requirement.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 02 Jun 2020, 17:26

Yes you are right I think. My understanding is that the board should be to the rear of anything attached to the boat. In our cases it would have to be extended to the be clear of the rear of stern drive.

Mine is on extending tubes which pull out and lock in place in order that the board is to the rear of the stern drive.

by argonaut » 02 Jun 2020, 18:42

My previous Roller coaster trailer had extending arms ..... since the post -SBS have advised they are sending longer arms, so the board is in front of drive.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 02 Jun 2020, 22:05

Superb, glad it's sorted that one out. :D