• Boat Banter

It is currently 13 May 2024, 17:15
  • In total there are 15 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Collection of a boat

by argonaut » 31 May 2020, 19:22

You are now ‘legal’ to collect a car purchased before lockdown, as long as dealer observes social distancing.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/click-and- ... ead/n21437

Anybody heard if this also applies to boats? ..
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by shibbs » 31 May 2020, 20:32

If it were me, I would be on my way to pick it up. :D
I can’t give you a legal answer though, sorry.

by argonaut » 31 May 2020, 20:42

My current understanding is in England it would be OK ... but not in Wales.
Be good if there was a helpline for such questions, but they are (right my so ) focussed on health issues.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 31 May 2020, 20:54

argonaut wrote:My current understanding is in England it would be OK ... but not in Wales.
Be good if there was a helpline for such questions, but they are (right my so ) focussed on health issues.

I agree, it would be a good idea if there was a clear understanding of whether it was just cars which could be collected or other types of pre ordered purchases.

by argonaut » 31 May 2020, 21:09

Anybody know where we could go to with such a Q.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by ChrisH » 31 May 2020, 22:15

I've seen a lot of posts online that imply brokers are selling boats now and have visits available with appointments. Ideal boats are delivering boats to customers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Ianfs » 31 May 2020, 22:34

Sorry, Argonaut but I think it is up to the dealer, whether they open for business in accordance with their perspective of Government Guidelines. Not the best answer I know. :roll:

by argonaut » 02 Jun 2020, 10:31

Dealer advises he is still not fully open and unable to do water trials and normal handovers.
I have asked if he could deliver the boat to me ..... or I meet him at Motorway services (or similar) and carry out 'dry' handover maintaining social distancing.

Depends how much he will charge for this .... anybody knows what delivery cost (assume 120 miles) likely to be ?

He asked if I want a quote, to which I asked does he want the 30% balance ? .... suggested he sharpen his pencil and come back with a quote.

An extra bit would then be if I can get warranty deferred start date - as I can't use it.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 02 Jun 2020, 17:39

Yes definitely get the warranty extended. In England we can go out in our boats, but I'm not sure what your situation is. I think if you are not allowed to use it they are obliged to honour it.

Good luck with delivery negotiations. You've got some great places for midway handovers, Bristol, Bath Newport etc.

by argonaut » 03 Jun 2020, 08:59

OK .good news they will defer warranty start date to day restrictions are lifted for use.

Delivery to a motorway services for ‘dry’ handover not so good .... £300
It’s a bit frustrating, boat was due at end of Jan, but failed to be loaded.
If it had arrived then, would have collected before restrictions.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

Next