• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:00
  • In total there are 35 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 34 guests

Motor Boat Forum

What are these called

by argonaut » 20 May 2020, 14:22

When taking a wire in (or out of a hull) I have seen nylon access covers used.
Anybody know what they are called and where they are stocked.

Failing that I am going to need a neat 2 pin surface mount waterproof socket ... any suggestion.
It's to connect 2 wires from Nac light thru deck, wires exit out of wakeboard tower, and need to be taken through the gunwale.

A straight fwd grommet would be no use ... the pic attached is similar to what was used previously.
.
cable cover.jpg
cable cover.jpg (34.92 KiB) Viewed 15212 times
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by argonaut » 20 May 2020, 14:33

]Here is a broken one (which I repaired on a previous boat with epoxy)

Would like to source one.

[attachment=0]Transom hole tidy.jpg[/attachment
Attachments
Transom hole tidy.jpg
Transom hole tidy.jpg (480.41 KiB) Viewed 15208 times
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by argonaut » 20 May 2020, 15:05

nearest I have found is as attached .... but overkill and probably 100 x the price the simple screw fix item would be.
.
side entry.jpg
side entry.jpg (145.07 KiB) Viewed 15208 times
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by ian h » 20 May 2020, 20:02

I think I have 1 of those on the boat which is spare, I am going down there on Sunday

you welcome it if can find.

OR

https://www.google.com/search?q=marine+ ... as7ypZolJM:
ian h

by argonaut » 20 May 2020, 20:35

Great ... I’ll keep my fingers crossed
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 22 May 2020, 22:15

I think they are called "Cable entry covers/External Cable entry covers, something like that.

Are you out Sunday Ian?

by ian h » 23 May 2020, 20:57

Yes out on Sunday , well that is the aim.

After 10 years at Saxon Wharf I am leaving there and moving to new dry stack.

Moving boat to Southampton Dry Stack next door :D

Its a BIG cost saving . Obviously should have moved the boat at end of March but due to lock down its a little delayed,
ian h

by argonaut » 23 May 2020, 21:00

Boating still not allowed in Wales .... nor is towing a boat, caravan, jetski etc.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by shibbs » 23 May 2020, 22:16

Fingers crossed it won’t be too much longer for you. Bet you’re bursting to get out and pick up the new pride and joy.

I’ve got to say, I’ve been in and out of Southampton dry stack a few times lately as mine has been in storage over there for a while and I’ve been really impressed with how they run the place, really helpful bunch of people there. Obviously can’t comment on the prices but seems a decent place.

by ian h » 26 May 2020, 20:13

part was not on boat but found it in the garage :D

Yes SDS seem a really friendly bunch,
Price wise very happy compared to the big boys.
Sunday was happy with boat both engines fired up with out hesitation and ran like a dream.
Only went for a blast down Southampton Water and back then look round the harbour. Not many boats in as they all anchored in Weymouth Bay,

The 1 thing that has changed is the harbour authority tower has disappeared from the dock head at the end of the Itchen, very strange.
ian h