  • In total there are 88 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 88 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 88 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Boat fire Leicester

by MartynG » 13 Feb 2020, 20:34

User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by Ianfs » 14 Feb 2020, 17:16

Gosh! That is awful.

After the other fire you posted, albeit it was in the states, I'm now wondering what the liabilities of UK Marinas are , considering the pontoons are close together?

And if they do have to change their policies, e.g. pace boats further apart, what would that do for costs, i.e. less boats in the facility.

by MartynG » 15 Feb 2020, 13:57

Hopefully both boats were insured
I can't see marinas changing their arrangements .
Unfortunately if the boat next door burns the neighbour is probably toasted .
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by shibbs » 15 Feb 2020, 16:57

MartynG wrote:Unfortunately if the boat next door burns the neighbour is probably toasted .

I wonder what that would mean for insurance purposes, would you need to claim from your own or would / should it be covered by the boat where the origin of the fire was?
What an awful situation to find yourself in either way.

by ChrisH » 17 Feb 2020, 13:59

I'm pretty sure there are regulations on caravan sites where vans have to be a certain distance apart to meet fire regulations.
Why would the same not be true for Marina's. A boat is a motorhome on water basically.
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 17 Feb 2020, 19:08

Because marinas charge the earth for as many boats that they can squeeze in as possible. :?

by MartynG » 18 Feb 2020, 18:57

shibbs wrote:I wonder what that would mean for insurance purposes, would you need to claim from your own or would / should it be covered by the boat where the origin of the fire was?
.

I thinks its academic as both boats in this case seem to be a total loss. Hopefully both are insured !
I guess the owner of the boat that started it would be held liable.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth