• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:10
  • In total there are 22 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Motor Boat Forum

New Propeller coming soon..

by Ianfs » 23 Oct 2019, 14:53

This is the new Sharrow Propeller. It's supposed to be revolutionary (excuse the pun) and apparently not bad according to Boattest. It's not on the market yet for recreational boats but expect to see it soon.

by shibbs » 23 Oct 2019, 21:12

Very interesting. I would be even more interested to see how it compares to multi blade props, ie 4 & 5 blades.
I run a high 5 and I get on the plane easily by 2100rpm, at about 15knots. It really shouldn’t work with my type of boat I don’t think but I’ve tried various different 3 blade props and they simply don’t compare. And I dare say mine is probably quite a bit heavier than the boat it was tested on.
That said, the 5 blade prop wouldn’t compare at matching efficiency and speed all the way through the Rev range. But I don’t go anywhere at any more than about 25 kts. The figures on that were very good throughout.
I suppose the big question is, how much will it cost..?
As a long term investment, it may we’ll be worth it just for the fuel efficiency.

by ian h » 24 Oct 2019, 19:34

Would it match the effectiveness of the Volvo duo prob .

Interesting concept would like to hear some real owners feed back first before I would purchase
ian h