  • In total there are 113 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 113 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 113 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Seasons not over yet

by argonaut » 16 Sep 2019, 19:51

Had a great Saturday evening out in the bay.

Keep going - it's not over yet

70376529_2391019551006324_6017837867093458944_n.jpg
70376529_2391019551006324_6017837867093458944_n.jpg (52.76 KiB) Viewed 19845 times
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by shibbs » 17 Sep 2019, 06:14

:D

by ChrisH » 03 Oct 2019, 18:29

Been broken for the last 2 months. Lack of power. Eventually had new turbo installed after much investigation , quick test on the itchen last weekend .. shhh dont tell.. looks like problem is resolved. Full test this Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Ianfs » 04 Oct 2019, 08:04

Great photo Argonaut.

Good luck Chris I hope it's all ok.

by shibbs » 04 Oct 2019, 20:07

My season is. Awaiting new engine to be fitted. Over heated due to blocked intake on the leg, picked up a piece of plastic and over heated the engine, major internal damage so easiest and most economical option is a new block and too ends.
Didn’t have a bad season up until then.

by ChrisH » 04 Oct 2019, 20:26

shibbs wrote:My season is. Awaiting new engine to be fitted. Over heated due to blocked intake on the leg, picked up a piece of plastic and over heated the engine, major internal damage so easiest and most economical option is a new block and too ends.
Didn’t have a bad season up until then.
Omg that's awful. Thought my turbo was bad enough.. no alarm ?
Have to say my alarm does not work. Just the warning light.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 04 Oct 2019, 20:49

No, no alarm or warning light. Just gauge which I wasn’t paying enough attention to. First I knew of it was when it started to feel lumpy, looked down and saw gauges , cut then engine straight away but was too late, was very very hot.

by ChrisH » 04 Oct 2019, 21:36

shibbs wrote:No, no alarm or warning light. Just gauge which I wasn’t paying enough attention to. First I knew of it was when it started to feel lumpy, looked down and saw gauges , cut then engine straight away but was too late, was very very hot.
Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Had mine lifted during the investigations, got an airlock when went back in and overheated. Lucky was only in Itchen river, so seems I caught it in time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Ianfs » 05 Oct 2019, 09:55

Oh gosh Shibbs, that's aweful. On the bright side at least you'll get many good reasons now with a new engine.
Are you going for a block, crank and posting (short block ) and change over peripherals yourself?