  • In total there are 76 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 76 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 76 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Easter 2019

by MartynG » 17 Apr 2019, 21:13

A bit of a late start to the season this year.
If all goes to plan our first journey by boat will start tomorrow. Looking forwards to 5 days afloat. A river trip with no tides involved - should be relaxing - looking forwards to a change from the pace of work.

In preparation the engine bay had a good check over and new impellers fitted and the steering greased. New crankcase breather filters and air filters fitted.

Image
.
Image
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by sprocker » 18 Apr 2019, 09:25

Here's hoping the weather is good for you Martyn.

I'm planning going around the coast to Dartmouth and Salcombe, and doing some exploring from there.
Air B&B booked and looking forward to my first decent trip of the year.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by ian h » 18 Apr 2019, 20:00

Going out Friday for trip around the Solent, Not sure where yet will decide on the day :D
ian h

by shibbs » 19 Apr 2019, 07:04

I’m still not ready yet. Sat on a few jobs and they’ve delayed me. Shame as the weather is looking great.
Hope you have good trips with all that is planned.
Share some pictures after.
Got to say Martyn, very envious of 5 days on the boat!

by ChrisH » 19 Apr 2019, 17:13

shibbs wrote:I’m still not ready yet. Sat on a few jobs and they’ve delayed me. Shame as the weather is looking great.
Hope you have good trips with all that is planned.
Share some pictures after.
Got to say Martyn, very envious of 5 days on the boat!
That's a shame. Hoping to head out tomorrow with my daughter. Tides are not great for me. Then if all stays good will go again on Monday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by ian h » 19 Apr 2019, 17:35

Well that was a disappointment. 1 engine started fine the other came up with error code.
Looks like I have a sticky gear shift actuator which needs clearing with VODIA computer,

All we managed was to get to the pontoon and back, Time to call my engineer
ian h

by shibbs » 19 Apr 2019, 18:36

That’s a real shame!! Nothing more annoying than making all the effort to go down and make a day of it and then have problem.
Hope it’s an easy fix. ( I would say cheap as well but is there such a thing on a boat?? :? )

by ChrisH » 20 Apr 2019, 18:27

Few pics from today on the Solent.
Went topless today with the Hardy Seawings. Love it with the canopies off.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 20 Apr 2019, 18:45

Looking good, sea looks nice and flat.
Was it busy out? I was down at the boat anti fouling this afternoon and could see all the boats coming back into port solent, seemed to be a lot out.

How easy is it to remove the roof? Does it just slide back or does it come off completely?

by ChrisH » 20 Apr 2019, 19:04

shibbs wrote:Looking good, sea looks nice and flat.
Was it busy out? I was down at the boat anti fouling this afternoon and could see all the boats coming back into port solent, seemed to be a lot out.

How easy is it to remove the roof? Does it just slide back or does it come off completely?
Yea was pretty good.. anchored in Osbourne bay. Was rather rocky but really from boat chop.

Canopy is not too bad.
Has just a hoop for support at the stern. The roof attached to the hardtop with a zip. There Is a caravan style awning rail attached to the hard top where a narrow peice of canopy slides in and has a zip on it.

Sides just zip out. Then roll the roof and back around the hoop. I put a couple of bungees around it to make tidy and then it lays down. The verticle sides of the hoop are on runners and I can slide them forward so the hoop with canopy wrapped around it lies just behind the rear seat.

Then the canopy sunroof is attached with zips like the main canopy. So that takes 2 mins to remove.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

Next