It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 03:51

Motor Boat Forum

OK the dreaded weekend

by argonaut » 18 Nov 2018, 17:59

Given up for the year ... engine & drive annual service & winterised.
Full polish of hull today ... it is gleaming in the sunshine.
Jack up boat to ensure polished under rollers of trailer.
Dehumidifier in, condensate pipe out through transom drain, seats propped up to allow airflow, same for hatches etc.
Stabiliser in, fuel topped up.
Tower off ... standard covers on, plus overall cover.
Trailer put on axle stands.
Satisfaction that it looks perfect .. not a ingle scratch on hull .... sadness that another year gone.
Just finished polishing the prop, and boxed it up.

Now just have to wait for April.
Monterey 194fs with Monster MTK tower + water and SkySki = fun ...... towed by Kodiaq Edition
User avatar
argonaut
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

by shibbs » 18 Nov 2018, 18:44

A lot of work.
Satisfying when done though.
I was supposed to be doing the same this weekend but car problems prevented. Planned in for next weekend now.

by argonaut » 18 Nov 2018, 19:34

Did it this weekend as cold weather forecast... needed engine winterised.
Monterey 194fs with Monster MTK tower + water and SkySki = fun ...... towed by Kodiaq Edition
User avatar
argonaut
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

by ChrisH » 18 Nov 2018, 23:23

Moving to a my new mooring this weekend with power . Plan to order 2x tube heaters and a dehumidifier to drain into sink. Hope this will keep everything in good shape this year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by sprocker » 19 Nov 2018, 14:08

I have a 5' Tube heater that I no longer need, free to good home if you can collect. Has inbuilt thermometer.
Achieved the dream!! Princess 40 of 1998 vintage.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Torbay, Devon

by ChrisH » 19 Nov 2018, 14:33

sprocker wrote:I have a 5' Tube heater that I no longer need, free to good home if you can collect. Has inbuilt thermometer.
Oh cool. V interested...Where are you?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by argonaut » 19 Nov 2018, 14:47

If you are installing a dehumidifier you don't need heaters as well (as long as its not a compressor type)
Monterey 194fs with Monster MTK tower + water and SkySki = fun ...... towed by Kodiaq Edition
User avatar
argonaut
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

by ChrisH » 19 Nov 2018, 18:14

argonaut wrote:If you are installing a dehumidifier you don't need heaters as well (as long as its not a compressor type)
Hmm ok. I thought it would help with air circulation and keep air temps above freezing if it gets really cold? Does the dehumidifier put enough heat out to Do this itself?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by ChrisH » 19 Nov 2018, 18:14

argonaut wrote:If you are installing a dehumidifier you don't need heaters as well (as long as its not a compressor type)
Hmm ok. I thought it would help with air circulation and keep air temps above freezing if it gets really cold? Does the dehumidifier put enough heat out to Do this itself?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by argonaut » 19 Nov 2018, 18:56

With a compressor type dehumidifier it’s important to keep warmer as they do not work well at low temp.
The revolving disc type work far better at low temperatures.
They do put out some warmth ... but it is about lowering moisture in the air not the temperature.

I have used one for several years ... work really well.
In first few weeks it takes loads of water out several litres a week.

No need to set rh too low, and I just leave mine on auto ... comes on only when needed.
Monterey 194fs with Monster MTK tower + water and SkySki = fun ...... towed by Kodiaq Edition
User avatar
argonaut
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer