• Boat Banter

It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:35
  • In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Keeping the boat interior dry over winter - preventing mould

by shibbs » 26 Nov 2022, 21:43

I’ve always had a damp challenge, each year as it lives on its trailer out of season with no power available.
I went down yesterday as it was a lovely brisk sunny day. My plan was after all this horrendous rain, to uncover, and spend a few hours drying and airing it.
Well, as luck would have it, my winter cover had worked a treat, ( I obviously put some time into fitting nice and snug). Anyway, she was bone dry inside ( I know that with a dehumidifier it would be drier, but no option).
I’ve seen in the past, mould will start to grow but so far, so good.
She had a good airing with good wind blowing through, a wipe down and careful covering again.
Let’s hope it stays dry.

by argonaut » 26 Nov 2022, 22:32

If you have no power then a good option is one’s designed for caravans …. I used them before I bought powered dehumidifier.
They work pretty well…. Used to take them out and plug in to dry out once a week at beginning, then monthly

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0049OW4V6/ ... ws_uk_1-21
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

Previous