  • In total there are 71 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 71 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Raymarine factory refurbished items

by MartynG » 27 Oct 2018, 12:30

It has come to my attention that Raymarine factory refurbished items , when available , are much lower cost compared to new . I thought it might be of interest.
http://www.raymarine.co.uk/store/refurb ... furbs-emea
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by ChrisH » 27 Oct 2018, 21:24

MartynG wrote:It has come to my attention that Raymarine factory refurbished items , when available , are much lower cost compared to new . I thought it might be of interest.
http://www.raymarine.co.uk/store/refurb ... furbs-emea

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by MartynG » 06 Nov 2018, 07:52

Looks like they have sold like hot cakes .
Perhaps new stock will appear as it becomes available.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by MartynG » 14 Jan 2019, 23:21

Santa brought me a factory recon Raymarine 260 vhf .
Out of the box all parts look no different to a brand new item. Even the instructions were in sealed packet. (The cardboard box was very slightly tatty but who cares ).
Image

The base station is a bit bigger than I expected . It looks like I will need to move some existing electrical cables to accommodate it.
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by MartynG » 17 Feb 2019, 17:52

The vhf is fitted after much swearing and moving other things ...........then finding the power cable needed to be extended which involved opening up the electrical panel once again.

I removed a circular vent for access and found the speaker for the vhf would fit in the hole. Some very careful drilling for the fixings and the speaker was in while just covering the pre-existing hole . Should the speaker be removed the vent can be refitted.

To make space under the dashboard I removed the old mechanical helm changeover control . This freed up a surprising amount of space. The hole for the removed changeover needed enlarging only a slight amount for the handset cable fitting. This would also be reversible if required. So no remaining redundant changeover control hardly any cutting of GRP required .

I moved the AIS transducer to better accommodate the vhf base station.

The base station and AIS transducer are hidden from view under the dash in the final installation and all there is to see is the handset and the speaker , so hardly an impressive feature . However I am please about the final outcome and it is a neat installation that would have cost quite a bit to fit if done professionally.

The power supply is via a pre existing breaker switch marked 'VHF' which has been unused .

To network the vhf with the navigation system I will need some expensive special cables . I am bidding one one on ebay but the backbone cable may require the purchase of a new one .

Image
.
Image
User avatar